- Apply Yourself
- Create Outstanding Applications
How to Write Your College Resume
Your college resume can help you shine when you apply to colleges, for scholarships, and more.
An effective college resume is an easily scanned summary of what you achieved during high school. Instead of being a laundry list, your resume should highlight your highest accomplishments.
How Your Resume Can Help You at Every Stage
It's not fun to look at a blank admissions application with no idea where to start. Having your resume handy can help you easily put your best foot forward in these situations:
- College applications. Your resume will not only save you time when completing your college applications, it will also ensure you don't forget anything important. Some colleges allow or even ask for resumes.
- Letters of recommendation. Giving your resume to your recommenders will help them get to know you even better and remind them of your high school accomplishments.
- College interviews. Bringing your resume to a college interview, if allowed, can serve as a positive conversation starter.
- Scholarship applications. Similar to college applications, your resume makes it easier to showcase your accomplishments. Some scholarships even ask for a resume.
- Jobs or internships. You can easily adapt the resume for work and internship interviews.
The information contained on the CollegeData website is for general informational purposes only and may not apply to you or your situation. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content contained on the CollegeData website without consulting with your parents, high school counselors, admissions representatives or other college counseling professionals. We disclaim all liability for actions you take or fail to take based on any content on the CollegeData website.