Strengthen Your Chances
The first step to improving your college admissions chances is understanding the level of preparation and achievement your college choices are looking for. Learn about the qualities colleges value and how to strengthen your preparation for college. You can become a stronger candidate for admission and increase your admissions chances.
- Challenge Yourself: Show Colleges You're Ready
- The Benefits of Taking Honors Courses
- Get Credit with Advanced Placement
- Take AP Online
- What Is the International Baccalaureate?
- Taking College Classes in High School
- Tips to Improve Your GPA
PSAT, SAT, ACT, Oh My!
- Know Your College Admissions Tests
- The PSAT: What It Is and Why It Matters
- The SAT: What You Need to Know
- Registering for the SAT
- The ACT: What You Need to Know
- Registering for the ACT
- Getting SAT and ACT Test Fees Waived
- ACT or SAT? Which is Best for You?
- Tips to Improve Your SAT and ACT Scores
- The SAT Subject Tests: What You Need to Know
- Registering for the SAT Subject Tests
- What Are Your Test Prep Options?
- What Is a Test Optional College?
Out of the Classroom
How Colleges Admit Students
- What Matters Most to Colleges
- How Colleges Make Admission Decisions
- How to Find Out What a College Wants
Your Plan to Get Into College
When you apply to college, attention to detail really matters! If you develop a plan for completing your college applications, you are more likely to submit all your college application materials on time. Check out our advice on college interviews and letters of recommendation, and how to make your college applications stand out.
Be a College Application Know-It-All
- Get Started with Your College Applications
- Do Your Best with Apps! Get Organized!
- Tips for Using One Application to Apply to Many Schools
- Get to Know the Common Application
- Colleges That Accept the Common Application
- Get to Know the Universal College Application
- Get to Know the Coalition Application
- Colleges That Accept the Coalition Application
- Should You Include Something Extra with Your Application?
- Getting College Application Fees Waived
- Applying to College as a Transfer Student
The Ins and Outs of Applying Early
- Should You Apply Early Admission?
- Is Early Decision Right for You?
- When Applying Early Action Makes Sense
Create Outstanding Applications
- Make Your College Applications Stand Out
- Application Dos and Don'ts
- How to Shine in Your College Application Essay
- Ten Tips to Improve Your Essay
- How to Write Your Common Application Essay
- How to Write Your College Application Resume
- Getting the Best Letters of Recommendation
Be an Outstanding Applicant
- Get the Most from Your College Interviews
- Ten Tips for Successful College Interviews
- How to Demonstrate Your Interest to Colleges
Until College Admissions Decisions Arrive
- Stressed Out About Getting in? How to Cope!
- How to Survive Before Decisions Arrive
- Don't Catch Senioritis!
Your Final Answer
- How College Visits Can Help You Choose a College
- Worst Reasons to Choose (or Lose) a College
- Accepted! How to Choose Your College
- Waitlisted! Now What?
- Rejected! How to Cope and What to Do
- You've Decided on a College. What's Next?
- Make the Most of a Spring Admission
- Getting a Good Start As a Transfer Student