60+ Best Student Discounts to Use in College
Adapted from 1st Financial Bank USA's Blog
Being a student can stretch your patience, time management, and bank account, but did you know that it also comes with some perks?
It can be difficult to find the time to work many hours while being a full-time student. That's why every penny counts. Luckily, many companies offer student discounts to help save students money on college expenses. You may be wondering, “How do I find student discounts?” Here are some of the best student discounts to use in college during 2023. Note: Discounts listed below may be subject to change at any time.
Electronics Student Discounts
There are various electronics student discounts that can help students keep more cash in their pockets. Take advantage of these discounts to save money on computers, accessories, and more. Remember, some offers may vary based on location, time of year, and other eligibility factors.
- Apple offers a back-to-school discount each year.
- Dell offers students discounted prices on their products. Visit their website to see which student discount interests you.
- Lenovo gives students 5% off every item sitewide.
- Adobe offers a 60% discount for students and teachers.
- Microsoft offers a variety of student discounts, including free Office 365, and up to 10% off select items.
- Best Buy offers student deals when you sign up for their “My Best Buy” account.
- Codecademy offers a 50% discount on Codecademy Pro for eligible college students.
- Samsung offers discounts to all students, but you can save even more by signing up for the program called the Education Offers Program.
Entertainment Student Discounts
Take advantage of these 2023 entertainment discounts for college students to save money on movies and more. Keep in mind, some offers may vary based on location, time of year, and the fact that some venues may be closed, have adjusted hours of operation, or have limited capacity due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- AMC Theaters offers discounted tickets with a valid college ID.
- Cinemark offers discounted tickets with a valid student ID (locations may vary).
- Spotify offers 50% off Spotify Premium, which includes no ads, and access to Hulu (with ads) and Showtime.
- Apple Music offers college students a discounted monthly rate for up to 48 months. The student subscription also includes Apple TV+ for a limited time. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree or be enrolled in an equivalent higher-education program.
- The Museum of Fine Arts Houston offers students a discounted entry rate. If you present your student ID and are 19+, admission is $12.
- Art Institute of Chicago discounts the admission rate for students who are Chicago residents, Illinois residents, and out-of-state residents. Admission rates vary depending on your current resident status.
- Lincoln Center New York offers students with a valid student ID discounted ticket rates.
- Carnegie Hall lets students with a valid student ID purchase $10 tickets to select shows.
- YouTube Premium offers verified students a 1-month free trial. After the trial period is over, students can pay $6.99/month, which is a savings of $5/month.
Regal Movie Theatres offers discounted pricing to students with a valid ID at the time of purchase (locations may vary).
Food and Dining Discounts
Students can even save money on something they need to survive: food. There are student deals for eating out and ordering online meal kit services. Make sure to ask your local restaurants if they offer a discount, as some offers may vary depending on time of year and location.
- Blue Apron offers a $110 coupon and free shipping on your first order when you verify your student status with ID.me.
- DoorDash offers a Student DashPass Plan at $4.99/month, which is a savings of $5/month.
- EveryPlate offers 80% off your first student meal kit box, free shipping, and an on-going 15% discount that can be applied for one year, if you are registered with UNiDAYs.
- HelloFresh offers 65% off your first food subscription box, free shipping, and an on-going 15% discount that can be applied for one year, if you are registered with UNiDAYs.
Transportation Student Discounts
Transportation can get expensive, so consider using these transportation student discounts to save money in college. Some offers may vary depending on location and time of year.
- GM offers a college discount to current college undergraduate and graduate students and to those who have graduated from a two- or four-year college within the last two years. Qualified buyers can purchase or lease select automobiles at a discounted price, below MSRP.
- New Jersey Transit offers 25% off monthly passes to students attending colleges that participate in its University Partnership Program. Visit N.J. Transit’s website to see if your school is included.
- On Amtrak, students receive a 15% discount on train travel and other purchases.
- Students who are registered with UNiDAYS receive $3 off on any bus ticket with Megabus.
- Penske offers a 10% discount on truck rentals, which you can use when you’re moving in and out.
- Many bike sharing services offer student discounts and/or partner with universities to offer bike share or near campuses. For example Metro Bike Share in Los Angeles offers a 30-Day pass for $5 per month or a yearly pass for $50 to college students.
- Zipcar provides discounted hourly and daily on-demand car sharing to students attending any of their hundreds of partner universities. Discounts may vary by college.
- And don't forget, your local public transportation agency may offer student discounts through your college or university.
Insurance Student Discounts
Take advantage of your good grades and student status to save every month on your insurance. See what student discounts you are eligible for and start saving! Some discounts may vary based on location and other factors.
- Allstate offers discounted car insurance rates for full-time, unmarried students under the age of 25. Visit Allstate’s website or talk to your local agent to learn more.
- Geico gives full-time students between the ages of 16 and 24 with good academic standing 15% off of certain coverages. Talk to your local agent for more information.
- Farmers Insurance offers full-time students under the age of 25 a Farmers Student Discount if they have qualifying grades.
- Nationwide Insurance offers a discount to students between the ages of 16 and 24 on their car insurance if they maintain a “B” average or higher. Students must be full-time high school or college students to qualify for the student insurance discount rate.
- American Family Insurance offers a “good student” discount for students between the ages of 16 and 25 who are enrolled in high school or a two- or four-year college. Students must maintain a minimum of a “B” average and be on the dean’s list, honor roll, or equivalent list highlighting their academic standing. Talk to your local agent to see if you qualify.
- Progressive offers insurance discounts for full-time students under the age of 23, who maintain a “B” average or higher or drive while they are under the age of 18. Discounts vary by state.
- State Farm offers an auto insurance discount to eligible safe drivers, students, or households with multiple vehicles. Discounts vary by state.
Cell Phone Provider Student Discounts
Certain phone providers are offering student discounts to help college students save money. Keep in mind, some discounts may vary based on time of year, location, and school.
- AT&T offers students attending participating schools a discount on wireless service. Check with AT&T to see if your school qualifies.
- Verizon offers college students a savings of up to $25 per month on Unlimited plans.
Membership & Subscription Student Discounts
There are various memberships and subscriptions that offer education discounts. Find which discount will be the best for you and save money in college. Be sure to include recurring membership and subscription purchases in your budget. Some discounts may vary by location and time of year.
- Amazon offers six months of Amazon Prime free for students. After that period, students are eligible for a discounted rate with all Amazon Prime Student benefits.
- Babbel offers a student discount of 65% on 3 months of Babbel, making your total $15.99 to learn a new language verified with ID.me.
- Chegg offers 25% your first month subscription of Chegg Study Pack if you’re verified with Student Beans.
- Groupon offers a 25% student discount on food, drink, and fun for your first six months. After six months, you can receive a 15% discount for as long as you’re a student.
- Headspace offers 85% off well-being resources (mindfulness, sleep, breathing, happiness, etc.), making the plan $9.99/year for students verified with SheerID.
- Pandora offers verified students a 60-day free trial for Pandora Premium Student. After the trial, U.S. students pay $4.99/month, which is a savings of 50% for up to four years.
- Peloton offers a special discount for students on the Peloton app, which includes workout videos and more.
- SoundCloud offers verified students a 30-day free trial of SoundCloud Go+ then 50% off per month.
- The Wall Street Journal offers a significant discount off its regular subscription rates. While attending school, students may purchase a digital subscription for $4 a month or a print and digital subscription for $10 a month.
Retail Student Discounts
There are many exclusive retail prices for students. Take advantage of your student discounts to save money and get the best retail therapy! Some offers may vary depending on time of year and location.
- 1-800 Contacts offers 10% off purchases and free shipping when registered with UNiDAYS.
- Dr. Martens gives students a 15% discount on boots, sandals, bags and more. Verify your student status with UNiDAYS.
- Levi’s offers 15% off online orders to college students. Verify your student status with UNiDAYS.
- Barnes and Noble offers a variety of discounts, such as discounts on books, e-books, movies, games, planners, and more.
- Goodwill sometimes offers discounts to students, although discounts vary by store and region. Goodwill Southwest Pennsylvania, for example offers students 10% off their entire purchase on Thursdays when they present a valid student ID. They also offer other shopping discounts throughout the week.
- Aeropostale offers students an extra 15% off sitewide. Verify your student status with UNiDAYs.
- Aerie offers students 20% off their entire purchase if they are registered with UNiDAYs.
- Nike offers a 10% discount to eligible high school, college, and university students in the United States, who verify their student status with SheerID.
- Kate Spade offers a 15% discount for students. You will need to verify your status with UNiDAYs.
- The North Face gives college students 10% off any full-priced item. Student must verify their student status through SheerID.
- Converse offers a 10% discount if you’re verified with SheerID.
- Crocs offers a 25% discount if you’re verified with Student Beans.
- FedEx offers a 20-30% savings with your Student ID when you ship a document or package at participating locations.
- Purple offers a 10% discount on mattresses for students who verify their student status with SheerID.
- Reebok offers a 50% discount for college students ages 16+ with a valid school email address.
How can I find student discounts?
Restaurants, stores, and other businesses both local and nationwide offer discounts to students. So, no matter where you shop, ask if a student discount is available. Even a small discount can save you money. Always carry your student ID with you, so you can verify your student status. You’d be surprised at how much you can save by taking $5 off, 10% off, or more each purchase. Take advantage of your student status while you can!
You can also find student discounts by searching online or viewing sites such as UNiDAYs and Student Beans. They offer student discounts in stores and online on dozens of brands of clothing, entertainment, technology, and more. Always be on alert for student discounts so you can take full advantage of any money-saving opportunities. By using student discounts, you can help keep your budget in check and start saving for your future!