30+ Best Student Discounts to Use in College
Being a student can stretch your patience, time management, and bank account, but did you know that it also comes with some perks?
It can be difficult to find the time to work many hours while being a full-time student. That's why every penny counts. Luckily, many companies offer student discounts to help save students money on college expenses. You may be wondering, “How do I find student discounts?” Here are some of the best student discounts to use in college during 2021. Note: Discounts listed below may be subject to change at any time.
Electronics Student Discounts
There are various 2021 electronics student discounts that can help students keep more cash in their pockets. Take advantage of these discounts to save money on computers, accessories, and more. Remember, some offers may vary based on location, time of year, and other eligibility factors.
- Apple offers a back-to-school discount each year.
- Dell offers students discounted prices on their products. Visit their website to see which student discount interests you.
- Lenovo gives students 5% off every item sitewide.
- McAfee offers special discounts for students on 10-device total protection and various other products.
- Adobe offers a 60% discount for students and teachers.
- Microsoft offers a variety of student discounts, including free Office 365, and up to 10% off select items.
- Best Buy offers student deals when you sign up for their “My Best Buy” account.
Entertainment Student Discounts
Take advantage of these 2021 entertainment discounts for college students to save money on movies and more. Keep in mind, some offers may vary based on location, time of year, and the fact that some venues may be closed, have adjusted hours of operation, or have limited capacity due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- AMC Theaters offers discounted tickets with a valid college ID.
- Cinemark offers discounted tickets with a valid student ID (locations may vary).
- Spotify offers 50% off Spotify Premium, which includes no ads, an unlimited number of skips, and access to Hulu and Showtime.
- Apple Music offers college students a discounted monthly rate for up to 48 months. The student subscription also includes Apple TV+ for a limited time. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree or be enrolled in an equivalent higher-education program.
- The Museum of Fine Arts Houston offers students a discounted entry rate. If you present your student ID and are 19+, admission is $12.
- Art Institute of Chicago discounts the admission rate for students who are Chicago residents, Illinois residents, and out-of-state residents. Admission rates vary depending on your current resident status.
- Lincoln Center New York offers students with a valid student ID discounted ticket rates.
- Carnegie Hall lets students with a valid student ID purchase $10 tickets to select shows.
Transportation Student Discounts
Transportation can get expensive, so consider using these 2021 transportation student discounts to save money in college. Some offers may vary depending on location and time of year.
- GM offers a college discount to current college undergraduate and graduate students and to those who have graduated from a two- or four-year college within the last two years. Qualified buyers can purchase or lease a new 2021, 2020, or 2019 Chevrolet, Buick, or GMC automobile at a special discounted price, below MSRP.
- New Jersey Transit offers 25% off monthly passes to students attending colleges that participate in its University Partnership Program. Visit N.J. Transit’s website to see if your school is included.
- Greyhound gives students 10% off unrestricted tickets to thousands of locations, and 15% off on package shipping.
Insurance Student Discounts
Take advantage of your good grades and student status to save every month on your insurance. See what student discounts you are eligible for and start saving! Some discounts may vary based on location and other factors.
- Allstate offers discounted car insurance rates for full-time, unmarried students under the age of 25. Visit Allstate’s website or talk to your local agent to learn more.
- Geico gives full-time students between the ages of 16 and 24 with good academic standing 15% off of certain coverages. Talk to your local agent for more information.
- Farmers Insurance offers full-time students under the age of 25 a Farmers Student Discount if they have qualifying grades.
- Nationwide Insurance offers a discount to students between the ages of 16 and 24 on their car insurance if they maintain a “B” average or higher. Students must be full-time high school or college students to qualify for the student insurance discount rate.
- American Family Insurance offers a “good student” discount for students between the ages of 16 and 25 who are enrolled in high school or a two- or four-year college. Students must maintain a minimum of a “B” average and be on the dean’s list, honor roll, or equivalent list highlighting their academic standing. Talk to your local agent to see if you qualify.
- State Farm offers an auto insurance discount to eligible safe drivers, students, or households with multiple vehicles. Discounts vary by state.
Cell Phone Provider Student Discounts
Certain phone providers are offering 2021 student discounts to help college students save money. Keep in mind, some discounts may vary based on time of year, location, and school.
- AT&T offers students attending participating schools a discount on wireless service. Check with AT&T’s Signature Program to see if your school qualifies.
- Verizon offers a savings of $10 per month on the Unlimited plan with one line and a savings of $25 per month on the Unlimited plan with two lines.
Membership & Subscription Student Discounts
There are various 2021 memberships and subscriptions that offer education discounts. Find which discount will be the best for you and save money in college. Be sure to include recurring membership and subscription purchases in your budget. Some discounts may vary by location and time of year.
- Amazon offers six months of Amazon Prime free for students. After that period, students are eligible for a discounted rate with all Amazon Prime Student benefits.
- The New York Times offers a discounted subscription; the amount of savings depends on the type of subscription you select.
- The Wall Street Journal offers a significant discount off its regular subscription rates. While attending school, students may purchase a digital subscription for $4 a month or a print and digital subscription for $10 a month.
Retail Student Discounts
There are many exclusive retail prices for students. Take advantage of your student discounts to save money and get the best retail therapy! Some offers may vary depending on time of year and location.
- Sperry offers students the chance to join their VIP program to earn special offers.
- 1-800 Contacts offers 10% off purchases and free shipping when registered with UNiDAYS.
- Levi’s offers 15% off online orders to students. Verify your student status with UNiDAYS.
- Barnes and Noble offers a variety of discounts, such as discounts on books, e-books, movies, games, planners, and more.
- Goodwill offers 10% off your entire purchase on Thursdays when you present a valid student ID. They also offer other shopping discounts throughout the week.
- Banana Republic offers 15% off any full price item when you present a valid student ID in stores.
- Aeropostale offers students an extra 15% off sitewide. Verify your student status with UNiDAYs.
- Aerie offers 20% off your entire purchase if you are registered with UNiDAYs.
How can I find student discounts?
Restaurants, stores, and other businesses both local and nationwide offer discounts to students. So, no matter where you shop, ask if a student discount is available. Even a small discount can save you money. Always carry your student ID with you, so you can verify your student status. You’d be surprised at how much you can save by taking $5 off, 10% off, or more each purchase. Take advantage of your student status while you can!
You can also find student discounts by searching online or viewing sites such as UNiDAYs. They offer student discounts in stores and online on dozens of brands of clothing, entertainment, technology, and more. Always be on alert for student discounts so you can take full advantage of any money-saving opportunities. By using student discounts, you can help keep your budget in check and start saving for your future!
This article was originally published on 1st Financial Bank USA’s (1FBUSA) blog. CollegeData is a free college advisory service provided by 1FBUSA for over 20 years.