- Campus Life
- There's No Place Like Home
19 Questions to Ask at Freshman Orientation
Freshman orientation is one of the best ways to get all your questions answered about life at your college or university. Here are some questions to consider asking.
- How do I request a different roommate or dorm assignment?
- Where’s the best place to eat on and off-campus?
- Where is the best parking?
- Can I see the dorm I’ll live in?
- What’s included in the meal plan?
- Are there any clubs for “x, y, z”?
- What safety services are in place?
- What health insurance does the health center accept?
- How can I add/drop classes?
- How do I change my major?
- What classes do I need to take for my major?
- How can I get into the honors college?
- How will my AP courses from high school affect my academic plan?
- What placement tests do I need to take?
- How can I contact my advisor after orientation?
- How and when do I pay my tuition?
- How do I let my parents access my grades or receive communication from the college?
- How can I get credit for studying abroad?
- How do I set up or make changes to my campus email account?
The information contained on the CollegeData website is for general informational purposes only and may not apply to you or your situation. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content contained on the CollegeData website without consulting with your parents, high school counselors, admissions representatives or other college counseling professionals. We disclaim all liability for actions you take or fail to take based on any content on the CollegeData website.