- Campus Life
- Dorm Sweet Dorm
Necessities You'll Need for Your Dorm
Moving into your dorm can be a tedious but also exciting task. Use this list (and the Dorm Room Necessities Checklist you can download below) to make sure you have everything you need for your first year at college.
Links to Specific College Necessities
- Urban Outfitters: Marble Trash Can
- Dormify: Charging Task Lamp
- Amazon: Dry Erase Calendar
- Amazon: Laundry Hamper
These are suggestions – we recommend you adapt this list to suit your situation. We hope you enjoy your college experience!
Clothes & Laundry Supplies
- Clothes, hangers, detergent, laundry basket, dryer sheets, etc.
Bed Sheets, Pillows, & Extras
- Bed sheets, comforter, mattress pad, waterproof mattress protector, blankets, etc.
Bath Supplies, Storage, & Toiletries
- Towels, shampoo/conditioner & soap, toothbrush/paste, hairbrush, etc.
- Communal - shower shoes, robe, bath tote, etc.
- Private - shower shelf, bath mat, shower curtain
- Desk organizer, pencils, calendar, desk lamp, etc.
- Floor lamp, alarm clock, trash can, fan, etc.
- Shelving, bedside storage, storage ottoman, etc.
- Computer, DVD player, gaming system, stereo, TV, etc.
- We recommend talking with your roommate(s) before bringing all electronics, as they may be planning on bringing the same thing. See how you can split up them up!
Important Papers & Medication
- Student ID, driver license, daily & emergency medication, etc.
- If you have any emergency medication, (epi-pen, inhaler, etc.) that may potentially need to be given to you by someone else, it is a good idea to teach your roommates what to do in a situation, and always carry instructions on how to use it!
Kitchen Supplies (if applicable)
- Dishware, utensils, pots & pans, etc.
The information contained on the CollegeData website is for general informational purposes only and may not apply to you or your situation. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content contained on the CollegeData website without consulting with your parents, high school counselors, admissions representatives or other college counseling professionals. We disclaim all liability for actions you take or fail to take based on any content on the CollegeData website.