Planning to take the SAT? Here are the test dates, registration deadlines, and fees for the 2016–2017 academic year.
- Register as early as possible so that you'll have a chance to take the test again if you want to improve your score. You must register four weeks before the test date. The chart below includes upcoming test dates and registration deadlines.
- Register online at collegeboard.org. It's the fastest and easiest way to register. From your online account you can print your admission ticket, make changes to your registration, and view your scores as soon as they are available. You can also register by mail through your school counselor.
- Decide if you want to receive mail from colleges. If you enroll in College Board's Student Search Service, you'll receive mail from colleges looking to recruit students, as well as from scholarship providers and test prep companies.
- Pay your fees or apply for a fee waiver. Fees for the SAT are $45 and $57 with the essay. Fees include the cost of sending your scores to up to four colleges (additional colleges are $11.25 each). For a complete list of fees, as well as more information about registration, fee waivers, and the test itself, visit collegeboard.org.
- Submit a photo. You must submit a photo of yourself with your SAT registration. You'll find the complete photo submission guidelines on collegeboard.org.
Your SAT Scores and Score Reports
Your score report will be available online about three weeks after you take the test. It will include your combined score and your score by test section. With College Board's Score Choice, you can send your best scores from a single test date to your colleges. Otherwise, the College Board will automatically send all your scores. For more information about Score Choice, visit the College Board.
Once you've registered for the SAT, you can sit back, relax—and start studying! Good luck!
SAT Test Dates for 2016–2017
|October 1, 2016||September 1, 2016||September 20, 2016||October 18, 2016|
|November 5, 2016||October 7, 2016||October 25, 2016||November 22, 2016|
|December 3, 2016||November 3, 2016||November 22, 2016||December 20, 2016|
|January 21, 2017||December 21, 2016||January 10, 2017||February 7, 2017|
|March 11, 2017||February 10, 2017||February 28, 2017||April 11, 2017|
|May 6, 2017||April 7, 2017||April 25, 2017||May 23, 2017|
|June 3, 2017||May 9, 2017||May 24, 2017||June 20, 2017|